Earlier, I wrote my Top 10 Travel Tips. I had a number of people offer suggestions, so I thought it was time to write the next Top 10 Travel Tips.
Hope these are helpful!
1. This one is from a friend. Pack with travel cubes – or any other type of bag within a bag. This helps keep clothes organized and when security rifles through everything, “things” won’t go flying.
2. Wear shoes that slip on and off easily to the airport – I like Dansko.
3. Drink a glass of water every hour (when the water is safe).
4. This one if from friend…and a little gross. Put a little Vaseline in your nostrils and a just a little in the corners of your eyes – you get less dry. I tried it and it works!
5. When making decisions about activities, ask yourself how you’d feel 5 or 10 years from now about each decision. Do I go to the museum or do the boat tour? Do I have a fancy dinner or go to a play? Spend an extra day in Paris or see the countryside? Lie at the beach or site see?
6. This one is also from a friend. He was in Cambodia after traveling for months. There was a movie theater playing an American movie. He fully enjoyed the movie and forgot where he was. When he walked out he had a renewed appreciation for where he was and where he came from.
7. It’s hard to enjoy yourself if you are tired or sore. A quality memory foam travel pillow is a necessity. You’ll find yourself wearing it on planes, trains, and long car rides. The best travel pillows. will provide full support for your head and neck. Also, more and more airlines are no longer offering airline pillows.
8. Bring a couple packs of Wet One’s or Handy Wipes. They are useful for hygiene, comfort, and even make-up removal.
9. Save a copy of your itinerary on the Internet. Just email it to yourself.
10. This one is from a friend. If you find yourself trying to sleep and there is a mosquito in your room, ask the front desk for a fan. Turns out, mosquito’s hate even a light breeze.